Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Chair of fate!

So we have been needing another seat in the living room for a bit, but chairs aren't cheap. I just read a blog where the girl had found a leather chair at a yard sale and she showed how she cleaned it and re-dyed the leather. I thought it sounded like a good idea and would check out some yard sales when I see them. But before that happened I saw this beauty sitting on the side of the road for free. The cushions are really comfy and in great shape it just need some cleaning.....which I knew how to do! Thank you blogs this is why I read you! Oh I picked up my dye from Tandy Leather and used a satin sheen finish...also acetone really helped getting the dirt off.
this is the finished product, the dark on the main seat is from my dear hubby thinking that it would be faster to dump the dye on instead of applying it with a towel....boys hehe
the cushions before I cleaned and dyed them

the before pic

No comments:

Post a Comment